Sooner or later, someone's going to ask for a hard copy of a specific broadcast. Whether it's a client looking for proof of play, a Group PD that wants airchecks, or a listener claiming your morning show did something naughty, you'll need a record of your broadcast programming.
Be prepared with Axia iProFiler, the award-winning audio archiving software that integrates with Axia IP-Audio networks to capture up to 24 simultaneous channels of Livewire Standard-stream stereo audio without sound cards. iProFiler uses the Axia IP-Audio Driver to exchange audio directly with Axia networks; just install iProFiler on a PC, connect the computer's NIC to the network with CAT-5, select the program streams you want to capture. It's as simple as that.
iProFiler's networked connectivity makes it the easiest logger to set up and operate, bar none. Just browse the audio streams available on your Axia network, select the ones you want to record, choose a bit rate for storage and off it goes.
And iProFiler is extremely flexible; you can continuously log program audio, automatically record telescoped talent airchecks, or record only what's broadcast when the mic isn't open. And iProFiler has "listen line" capability that lets you hear audio over your network (or the Internet) as it's being encoded - perfect for group PDs or consultants.
iProFiler's stored audio is networked, too. Any workstation or computer connected to your IP-Audio network can find and listen to time-stamped audio using a simple web-browser interface.
Features at a glance
- Simultaneously captures up to 24 channels of stereo audio.
- Four capture modes: Logging (continuous archival storage), Skimming (records only when talent mic is open), Reverse Skimming (records only when talent mic is closed), and SmartSkimming (low-bitrate logging switches to higher bitrate for quality captures when talent is on-mic).
- Time-stamped audio is stored in easy-to-search 15 minute blocks.
- Easily select & export audio segments for external editing.
- Industry-standard MP3 compression with choice of bit rates from 16 to 320 kbps.
- Remote monitoring application lets you monitor disk space & audio presence using any network or Internet connection (if available).
- ProFiler Live Player lets you listen to audio over any IP connection as it's being encoded (dependent upon your available bandwidth).
- Archive stored audio to any external drive or device including network storage drives, CD-ROM or other removable media.
- Encoded program segments can be automatically uploaded to a web server via FTP.
What can you do with iProFiler?
Our clients have thought up all sorts of interesting ways to use iProFiler. Here are just a few applications:
- Radio stations legally required to log program content
- Production directors who assemble audio composites
- Program hosts who want to archive shows for rebroadcast or Internet streaming
- Commercial and program content verification
- Capturing audio from live events and contest lines
- Analyzing competition for counter-programming