25 January 2008, Cleveland Ohio, USA
Omnia Audio is now shipping the Omnia.8X, the Omnia processor that processes eight stereo audio channels at the same time.
Who needs an audio processor that conditions eight audio streams at once? Any radio station that generates multiple audio channels. And there are more audio channels in today’s radio facility than ever before: HD Radio multicasts, streaming Internet audio, networked delivery system cluster installations — all of them begging for precision processing to maintain high audio quality audio in the bit-reduced environments they’re destined for. Omnia.8X can dramatically improve audio quality, using the power, punch and purity of eight discrete three-band stereo Omnia audio processors in a single, networked box.
Omnia.8X is space-efficient, too, packing all of that power into one slim 2RU chassis. And audio I/O enters and exits on a Livewire™ Ethernet port, ready to connect to an Axia IP-Audio network. Don’t have an Axia network yet? Just pair Omnia.8X with an Axia Audio Node for standalone I/O on traditional XLRs.
Omnia.8X features include:
- Eight Stereo processors in one 2RU chassis, each with three bands of AGC
- World-famous Omnia Sound relied on by broadcasters in major markets everywhere: clean, smooth and pure with loudness on demand
- Wideband AGC, look-ahead final limiter and Omnia Bass Management
- Plenty of presets to help you sound your best as quickly as possible
- Built-in Livewire interface for single-cable audio, control and data connection to IP-Audio networks
- Or combine with an Axia Audio Node for standard AES3 or analog I/O
- Networked remote control and configuration using any standard Web browser
- Reliable 24/7 processing based on tried-and-true Omnia-3 algorithms
- Flexible architecture that can be used for multiple coded audio processing purposes
- Online software upgrades ensure you’ll always have the latest developments in Omnia audio processing
This press-ready photo of Omnia.8X can be downloaded from http://www.omniaaudio.com/o8x/default.htm.
Omnia, a Telos company, is world-renowned for its digital audio signal processing expertise. Omnia audio processors for FM, AM, TV, HD Radio & DAB, Internet, and audio production are setting new standards for professional audio quality.