04 April 2011, Cleveland Ohio, USA
Telos Systems will debut the new ProSTREAM – streaming audio encoder – at NAB 2011. Visitors to the Telos l Omnia l Axia booth will experience the easiest way to stream broadcast audio.
Since broadcast audio was first sent to the Internet, broadcasters have been wishing it was an easier process. You need a box to process it, another to encode it, yet another to stream it. Why can’t one device do it all?
Your wish has been granted: Telos ProSTREAM is the streaming solution for web audio that you’ve been waiting for.
Telos is the codec expert, and ProSTREAM puts all of our expertise into a single, integrated streaming appliance. Forget no-name encoders; ProSTREAM uses genuine MPEG encoding algorithms from FhG, the inventors of MP3, to ensure the most artifact-free sound quality at whatever bit rate you choose. You can encode directly to MP3 or MPEG-AAC and feed any Shoutcast-compatible media server, a Wowza server for streaming to Flash clients, and other popular third-party servers.
Features and Benefits:
- Sweetening from Omnia Audio to make your audio really sing.
- Neatly self-contained in a 1RU box. Just slide it into a rack and it’s ready to go.
- Total control of your audio streams: intuitive web interface provides remote control functions including creation and editing of processing presets with an easy-to-use preset editor.
- Web-based control allows access from any browser-equipped computer on your network – no other software required.
- Convenient front panel controls so you can manage your most-frequently needed functions right from the rack.
- Built-in headphone amp with 1/4" jack and volume control for monitoring input or output audio.
- Includes studio-grade analog inputs and outputs, which can be changed to AES/EBU with an optional card.
- On the input side, you can use Livewire IP-Audio as an audio source.
- On the output side, ProSTREAM delivers fully processed, unencoded audio as well as encoded audio, giving you another source for processed sound.
- Full network connectivity is provided via two Ethernet jacks, one for LAN (including Livewire) and the other for WAN and streaming.
Hear the new Telos ProSTREAM in Las Vegas at NAB 2011 in the Telos l Omnia l Axia booth, Central Hall, Booth C3113.
Telos Systems is the trusted world leader for broadcast telephony, IP & ISDN codecs, streaming audio and audio logging, with over 20,000 Zephyrs in use around the world, Telos is "The Best Way to Hear From There."
For more information, contact Angi Roberson via email at angi@Telos-Systems.com, or by phone at +1-216-241-7225.
This press-ready photo of ProSTREAM can be downloaded from the Telos Photo Gallery at Telos-Systems.com/press-gallery/
Telos Systems, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio with offices in Europe, is a leading manufacturer of ISDN, coded audio and telephone interface products for talk-shows, teleconferencing, audio production, remote broadcasts, and intercom applications.